c o n t a c t u s

L-1B Intra-company Transferees - Specialized Knowledge

A foreign person is allowed to enter the U.S. temporarily to work in the U.S. as a Specialized Knowledge Employee of an international company. In order to qualify for a temporary work visa as an L-1B Intra-company Specialized Knowledge transferee, the alien must:

  • Within the 3 years preceding the time of the application for admission into the U.S., been employed abroad for the overseas company, affiliate or subsidiary, continuously for one year;
  • Work for a company that is an international company doing business in the U.S.;
  • Have been employed abroad in a position requiring specialized knowledge of a product or process of the company;
  • Be coming to the U.S. to work for the company in position requiring specialized knowledge;
  • Be qualified for the specialized knowledge position based on education and experienced gained prior to employment with
    the company; and
  • Intend to depart at the completion of their stay.

Contact us for more details